- CVHS Administration
- CVHS Foundation
- CVHS Taskforce
- Student Services
- Online Spirit Wear Store
- Schedule a Personal Tour
- School Communications
- Open House & Showcase
- Virtual Info Presentation Registration
Say Something Reporting System
Capistrano Valley High School is committed to creating and sustaining a comprehensive, coordinated effort to improve the overall safety and well-being of our students, educators and administrators.
To do this, we believe this must involve community-wide programs and initiatives involving parents, teachers, administrators, local law enforcement, mental health & wellness professionals and elected officials to take meaningful action to protect our students.
CVHS is part of the CUSD district-wide program of the “Say Something Anonymous Reporting System” (SS-ARS). This program teaches students, teachers, and administrators how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, of individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and Say Something to a trusted adult OR use its anonymous reporting system. Specifically, the program educates participants to:
- Recognize the signs and signals of at-risk behaviors – especially within social media
- Take every sign and signal seriously; act quickly to get help by talking to a trusted adult OR
- Report it anonymously through SS-ARS 24/7 Crisis Center, mobile app, or website
- Respond to and manage the submitted tip via a multi-disciplinary educator and administrator teams
- Sustain the curriculum and awareness via student clubs, in-school activities and call-to-action weeks
Our students often are aware of the problems their peers are facing, so we must empower them to know the danger signs and give them the tools to help each other with the assistance of trained and caring adults. As you know, most conversations are taking place on social media, therefore it is critical that we teach our students to be looking out for one another as these digital conversations are taking place. Say Something Anonymous Reporting System empowers students to act quickly to help a fellow student if they see something in text, video or photos.
If you See Something, Say Something.