To be eligible for admission to a four-year university, students must meet subject requirements. These requirements represent the minimum academic standards for eligibility. Meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission. Admission to the campus and program of choice often requires students to meet more demanding standards including high entrance examination test scores. All courses taken to satisfy college admission requirements must be completed with a semester grade of C or higher.
CSU - California State University
High School Subject Requirements
The CSU requires a minimum 15-unit pattern of courses for admission as a first-time freshman. Each unit is equal to a year of study in a subject area. A grade of C or higher is required for each course you use to meet any subject requirement. The minimum GPA requirement for CSU is a 2.0 (C average). For more information regarding CSU campuses, areas of study and the eligility index please visit the CSU website at www.csumentor.org
Want to PLAN ahead? Access the High School Planner through CSU Mentor: Explore campuses, check into financial aid programs, enter your high school classes and grades (A-G requirements). The high school planner is interactive, and will help you stay on track for meeting admission requirements.
CSU Application Process
- Obtain an unoffical copy of your high school transcript from your parent portal account or the Guidance Office to be used to self-report your classes and grades on your CSU application.
- Complete application and application fee online.
- Contact College Board or ACT to have your SAT I or ACT test scores sent to all CSU campuses to which you've applied.
- Contact College Board/AP Central to have our AP scores sent to all CSU campuses to which you've applied.
- Take all required ELM (Entry Level Math) and EPT (English Placement Test) by the university posted deadline. For more on please log onto www.csumathsuccess.org or www.csuenglishsuccess.org
- Send official transcripts ONLY when your are directed to do so. CSU will determine your grade point average based on the classes and grades you self report during the application process. The CSU campus which you commit to attend will prompt you to send an official transcript upon graduation from high school.
- CSU does not require letters of recommendation or a college essay.
|a.||Social Science (Including 1 year of U.S. History)||2|
|b.||English (College prep; English comp and literature)||4|
|c.||Math (Including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II or higher math)||3|
|d.||Laboratory Science (Including 1 year life; 1 year physical)||2|
|e.||Language other than English (same language)||2|
|f.||Visual and performing Art (drama, dance or theatre, music or visual art)||1|
|g.||College Preparatroy Elective (Additional year chosed from the UC A-G list)||1|
|Total||15 unit pattern of courses|