Welcome to the CVHS National Honor Society website.
The CVHS NHS is proud to actively serve the Capo community.
Welcome to NHS
The National Honor Society (NHS) is one of the nation's premier organizations established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.
3 Strikes and You're Out!
This year, NHS is implementing the Three Strikes System. In order to promote the integrity of the club, the system will enforce punctualness and responsibility.
The system is simple. If you acquire three strikes, you will be dismissed from the club. You can receive strikes by:
- Missing a meeting without an excuse for your absence. If you are at school, you must attend the meeting. If you are absent, your absence must be one that is excused by attendance. If you are unable to attend because of other important activities, contact your faction/class representative before the meeting.
- Submitting hours after deadline. Do note, the NHS executive board members will NOT sign hour sheets the day hours are due. You will not receive a strike for asking them to sign. However, without their signature, hours sheets may be submitted late or incomplete, leading to a strike.
- Submitting incomplete hours sheets. Hours sheets without sufficient hours in either category will receive a strike.
*Note: Strikes are cumulative throughout membership in NHS*
Besides receiving three strikes, you will be automatically dismissed from the club if you are caught cheating or you do not complete hours for two consecutive semesters.
Please be responsible and honest. It is an honor to be a part of NHS. Do your best to live up to what the club represents.
NHS Executive Board
NHS Selection Procedures for 2014-2015
Summary of Requirements for Candidates
- Candidates must be sophomores, juniors, or seniors.
- Candidates must have an academic weighted GPA of 3.6 or above. Members are required to maintain this GPA throughout the school year.
- Candidates must have previous experience in both community service and leadership, and show evidence of a strong moral character.
- Candidates must submit two formal recommendations
CVHS NHS Selection Procedure – Fall 2014
Informational Meeting for Prospective Members: TBD
Candidate forms handed out to students who meet GPA requirement by proof of unofficial transcript: TBD
Candidate forms due: TBD