LIBRARY BULLETIN 2013
Subject: TEXTBOOK COLLECTION (AP/IB/Regular Textbooks)
- Starting Monday, June 3rd library will be open for text & library book returns only. (No tutorial, computers or library books).
- All AP/IB textbooks NOT needed for “finals” must be turned in by Friday, May 24th.
- All AP/IB textbooks needed for “SUMMER HOMEWORK” will only be checked out on Tuesday, May 28th & 29th. (Teachers please provide a list of students who will need to check out textbooks for Summer Homework as soon as possible).
- Juniors and Seniors are scheduled to return books with their Social Science classes on Monday, June 3rd and Tuesday, June 4th.**
- Freshman and Sophomores are scheduled to return books with their English classes on Wednesday, June 5 and Thursday, June 7.**
**Any textbooks NOT needed for final exams must be returned at this time. If a textbook is required for a final exam, the student must turn it in immediately after the test.
Students are responsible for returning all books BEFORE leaving school for the year. The library will be open during finals week for Book Returns Only.
YOUR COOPERATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
Senior Textbook/Library Timeline 2013
SENIOR TEXTBOOK/LIBRARY TIMELINE 2013
May 7th – 11th Senior Textbook Inventory Letters will be mailed home.
May 17th Friday – Last day checks will be accepted for fines. Cash will only be accepted after this date.
May 23rd & 24th Thursday & Friday – All AP/IB Textbooks NOT needed for finals are due to the Library.
May 24th Friday – All Library Books Due.
May 31st FRIDAY – LAST DAY LIBRARY WILL BE OPEN FOR CLASSROOM VISITS (Including computer Lab). LAST DAY THE LIBRARY IS OPEN FOR STUDENTS (Including Tutorial).
June 3rd & 4th Senior Textbooks returned through Social Science Classes. A student may keep a textbook if needed until final is taken but then it is the student’s responsibility to return text on his/her own.
June 10th Monday – List of Seniors with debts will be given to ASB and Guidance.
ALL FINES AND OVERDUE “LIBRARY” BOOKS MUST BE PAID BEFORE PURCHASING PROM TICKETS AND PICKING UP YEARBOOKS.
ALL BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED AND FINES PAID BEFORE CAP AND GOWNS ARE ISSUED.
Librarians: Elaine Rico and Marcille Bordelon (every other day)
- During the school year, the Library is open from 7:00 am - 3:15 pm. Every other day the Library is closed from 11:00am to 12:00pm. We are also open during break and lunch.
- Coin operated photocopier (10 cents per copy).
- Scotch tape, staples, scratch paper, 3 hole punch.
- Pen Machine (50¢ per pen) and Mechanical Pencil Machine (50¢ per pencil)
Textbook Rules and Procedures:
Gr. 9-12 Textbooks - Online Resources
Orange County Public Libraries
Quick Link Here: OC Public Libraries Online Databases & Reference eBooks (Must have a Library Card to access online resources).
To search a database, use the link above. When accessing databases from home you will be prompted to enter your 10-digit library card number (no spaces).
Quick Link Here: Local OC Public Libraries Branch (Use this link to locate your neighborhood library).
Mission Viejo Library
Quick Link Here: Mission Viejo Library Electronic Resources (Must have Library Card to access online databases).
Recommended Book Links
Young Adult Library Services Association Recommended Book Links
American Library Association Recommended
ipl2: Information You Can Trust - Here you'll be connected to quality, authoritative sites. Search by keyword or narrow down your search by browsing categories like business, government, media, health, computers, or the arts and humanities.
refdesk.com - RefDesk is known as the "fact checker for the Internet." You can search MSN, Google, Yahoo! or Wikipedia, as well as various dictionaries and periodicals.
Infoplease - Get information on any subject, from history and government to arts and intertainment to world news to biographical information to homework help.