CVHS Guidance News
CAPISTRANO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
April 18, 2016
Traditional Schedule Wednesday, April 20th
- To accommodate CAASPP Testing for 11th grade students Wednesday will be a tradition schedule. Click here for the complete and specific schedule details.
Testing this week
- 11th grade students click here to view where you will be CAASPP testing on 4/20 and 4/25. The list is organized by school ID number. The list is also posted outside of the guidance office door on the windows.
12 Week Grades
- To determine if a student will qualify as valedictorian (4.0 and above) or academic distinction (3.5 and above) for senior awards we look at the overall 9-12 weighted academic GPA including 12 week progress report grades. It is also used to determine who will be Scholar of Scholars. The 12 week grading period ends Friday, April 22nd. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Crowell in Guidance.
New Scholarships - For a full list go to www.cvhs.com/scholarships
- B’nai B’rith is an international organization that serves the young, needy and elderly worldwide. They will award a $500 scholarship to one of our graduating seniors. Race, color, creed, religion and national origin will not be considered. Applicants should be well-rounded and must have a minimum GPA of 3.5. Award is based 75% on scholarship and 25% on service. Print application or pick up from Mrs. Crowell in Guidance. Information can be printed on form or typed separately. Application due to Mrs. Crowell by Tuesday, April 26th. Finalists will be interviewed in late April.
- Capistrano Unified Management Association (CUMA) is offering graduating seniors a scholarship in the amount of $750. Please complete the application and return it along with a resume to Mrs. Crowell in Guidance by Monday, May 2nd.
Drivers Ed – Summer Drivers Ed registration forms are available in the Guidance Office now.
Senior Survey – The mandatory senior survey will be sent out at the end of the week via school loop. All
seniors must complete the survey – instructions will be included.
Summer School 2016 – Registration is open now. Dates & Info
NHS offers Free Tutoring in ALL SUBJECTS Mondays after school in B1.
Don’t be afraid to raise your grade!
CVHS STUDENTS: You Need a Student Portal Account
All students MUST register for a Student Portal account.
To create your Student Portal account, you will need three pieces of information: 1. Your home phone number 2. Your 7-digit identification number 3. Verif Pass Code. The student ID number and Verif Pass Code were printed on your report card. If you do not have this information, please come to the Guidance office to get it a.s.a.p.
Click the CTRL button and the link abi.capousd.org.
Click on Access to Parent/Student Portal
Click on Create New Account, then Student
Continue to follow the steps.
Click here for Step-by-Step directions, if needed.
Remind your parents to register on the Parent Portal too!
New Student Enrollment for Fall 2015
(families new to CUSD)
- Step 1: Please contact the Guidance Office Clerk/Registrar to confirm your neighborhood school or click on the link below to be connected to the Capistrano Unified School District Website. This link provides an opportunity to verify your neighborhood home school by typing in your street address. CUSD SCHOOL LOCATOR APP
- Step 2: Complete our online Aeries Internet Registration (2015-2016) to enroll your student at CVHS. Link can be found at www.capousd.org. Once your student is enrolled you will receive an email detailing the next steps and what to bring to New Student Enrollment.
- Step 3: Our New Student Enrollment day is on Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 9:00 am. Your student will meet with his or her academic advisor to select fall classes. Although some classes and programs become impacted, we create lotteries and waitlists after we have met with new students.