ATTN SENIORS: LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION INFO
Letter of Recommendation Request Form
For Seniors of the Class of 2015
Letters of recommendation are required to complete the application process for many colleges and universities. To write a letter that reflects your personality and accomplishments accurately, we need information from you and your parent(s). Please follow the steps listed below. Be sure to complete each portion completely and accurately. Most importantly, submit your packet to your Academic Advisor by Friday, October 17, 2014.
Several of the forms are in PDF fillable format. We highly recommend that you complete them online and then print them out.
Complete the College Application List (turn into Academic Advisor)
Online college applications (The Common App) require that the emails of your Advisor and the teacher(s), writing your letter of recommendation be provided. Teachers’ emails can be found at www.cvhs.com.
firstname.lastname@example.org A - DE
email@example.com DI - HO
firstname.lastname@example.org HU - MI
email@example.com MO - SC
firstname.lastname@example.org SE - Z
Have your parents complete the Parent Input (turn into Academic Advisor)
q Include a resume See Sample Resume (turn into Academic Advisor)
q Complete the Permission to Release (turn into Academic Advisor)
q Release your test scores for SAT, Subject Tests, AP and ACT at www.collegeboard.com and on www.act.org. These scores no longer appear on the transcript.
Your Academic Advisor will include an electronic transcript with the Counselor portion of the Common Application and any school that utilizes SEND.EDU
CSU and UC schools do not require nor will they accept letters of recommendation. Do not send transcripts to either of these systems unless they ask.
For all other schools, it is your responsibility to order transcripts through our online system, www.parchment.com
q Submit all materials listed above to your advisor by October 17. IMPORTANT! A late request will result in either a generic written letter or no letter at all.
College Bound Seniors-Ordering Final Official Transcripts
To order your transcript:
- Visit www.cvhs.com
- On the main page, under “Quick Links” select “Order Transcripts”
- From the left hand side of webpage towards the bottom, select “Ordering Transcripts Online”
- Select Capistrano Valley High School from the list under “Select your school from the list below”
- You will be directed to Parchment, with instructions on how to proceed.
- Place your final transcript order online through Parchment now! It's easy, it's secure, and it's available 24/7.
- During the summer when Capistrano Valley High School is closed, the District Office will approve and send transcripts through Parchment. Transcripts may be sent to the colleges, NCCA, scholarships funds, and your own home.
- If you place your order today, and/or any date prior to June 26th, 2013 and choose the “Next Grading Period” option, you are choosing to have your transcript sent after the final high school grades have been posted onto the transcript.
- If you place an order during the summer any date after June 26th, 2013, after the final high school grades have been posted onto the transcripts choose the “Send Transcript Now” option.
CVHS STUDENTS: You Need a Student Portal Account
All students MUST register for a Student Portal account.
To create your Student Portal account, you will need three pieces of information: 1. Your home phone number 2. Your 7-digit identification number 3. Verif Pass Code. The student ID number and Verif Pass Code were printed on your report card. If you do not have this information, please come to the Guidance office to get it a.s.a.p.
Click the CTRL button and the link abi.capousd.org.
Click on Access to Parent/Student Portal
Click on Create New Account, then Student
Continue to follow the steps.
Click here for Step-by-Step directions, if needed.
Remind your parents to register on the Parent Portal too!